Monday, October 28, 2013

Photolicious Halloween Mantle

I love Halloween. Not so much the super scary aspect where people try to scare you so badly that you pee your pants or all things gore-y and gross. That's not really my thing.

Kid Halloween though? That is a different story entirely. Most. Fun. Ever.

I love villains, costumes, pumpkins and treats with our children. There is nothing better. My favorite part of Halloween is decorating the house.  This year I have been beside myself with excitement that I have a mantle to decorate for the first time. SO FUN!!!!

Since moving in the spring the mantle has been a catch all location for every loose item in our home- Netflix fliers, random pieces of jewelry and hair ties, bottles of medicine, recently found pieces to toy sets waiting to be put away...

It has been a mess. Worse, an eyesore.

 At the beginning of the month I declared the mantle a crap-free zone and filled every bit of space  with decor instead. I love it! Hubs didn't at first and he wasn't pleased with the "oh no you didn't!" lecture he received when he tried to tuck a Netflix disc behind one of my pieces but he's adjusted pretty well. I hope so anyway because now that I have experienced the happiness of having a clean and visually pleasing mantle I'm not going back!
 Check it out! I LOVE IT!!!! :)


One of my favorite items is this Snow White print from the fabulous blogger over at Less Cake More Frosting. Check out this post to get the print! It's just spooky enough to be fun but since it's from a well known Disney film it's familiar to our girls and family friendly.


You can get this fun Vampires, Witches and Ghosts print here


and finally,what part of my home would be complete without pictures! This simple garland of our favorite costumes ties everything together so well. Many family "I remember that!" conversations have taken place with our kiddos over this garland. Big Sis says that it is "Photolicious"(she's slightly obsessed with the Pinkalicious books). I couldn't imagine a better way to describe it. :)


These glimpses into our family's past melt my heart. Princesses, Fairies, Witches, even Hannah Montana...every photo holds wonderful memories. That's a fabulous way to decorate for any season!


No comments:

Post a Comment